Friday, August 15, 2014

The end of summer

While I enjoy autumn a lot I'm not quite ready to let summer go this year.  Maybe because my baby will be one soon.  Maybe because it's so easy to take the kids to the nearby park so my girl can wear herself out and take a nap.  Maybe it's because we've had somewhat of a routine since baby boy came along.  Wake up, shower, dress, eat, swim lessons, home, nurse/nap baby, go to the park for lunch, home, read to kiddos, nap time, fix dinner, eat, relax/play/tv, read, bedtime for kiddos, and finish my work for the day.  

While I've enjoyed watching the kiddos have fun this summer it's not even been the easiest summer.  Baby boy had lots of separation anxiety while staying with my mom for a weekend.  Relatives have had health challenges.  We had to say goodbye to a much loved cousin on my husband's side of the family. 

I just have to remember all the good that comes with the changes.  It won't be so hot during the middle of the day so we'll be able to take more walks, the leaves changing colors, the a/c won't turn on so much (any day the a/c and heat don't run is a great day), able to bake/cook more without worrying about heating up the house, pumpkins, baby boy will be walking more and more, and going to visit family.   

No comments:

Post a Comment